Saturday 6 February 2010

My First Billiards Match

On Thursday 3rd February 2010 i played my first ever competitive Billiards match. The venue was Park Bridge Institute which is situated off Oldham Road which is in between Ashton-under-Lyne & Oldham. A nice venue with a real coal fire burning in the Snooker room which created a different atmosphere. For some unknown reason with me being new to this cuesport , i found myself giving a 70pt start. I think it must of been something to do with me being a decent Snooker player. I really enjoyed my experience playing my first Billiard match and im also enjoying mixing playing this game with my Snooker. It's a pity my mentor Peter Stanyer wasn't there to witness my first ever match. He had to shoot off to another match somewhere shortly after we arrived. I dont know how he fits it all in. He would of been proud of me on my debut match. We play our first Pairs match of the season this coming Thursday for another tilt at the title.

No comments: