Tuesday 23 March 2010

Oldham

I spent all of my day in Oldham today , barring about an hour at tea time where i popped to see a friend in Hyde.
On my way to Oldham Tuesday morning i called to see Bruce at The Snooker Shop in Levenshulme to have my tip re-shaped. I wasn't happy with the shoulders on it , they were still very square & needed shaping. I was running late so it was a brief visit calling on Bruce. Once he had seen to my tip , i was on my way again. Thanks Bruce. I will call round for a brew later in the week i told him as i left his shop.
I arrived at Michael Wild's house about 1055am. Terry , Michael's Dad had the bacon on under the grill. We always have a bite to eat together when i visit there place.
After breakfast & a chat , we went into his Snooker Room & started our practice together. After 4 frames we went back into the lounge & had a cuppa with Terry and chatted some more about allsorts. Back in for more practice , Michael showed me some new techniques to do with the technical side of the game. Plenty of food for thought i told him , stuff to work on! I left there place around 415pm after a great day.

After calling back to Hyde to see a friend of mine briefly , i headed off to the Oldham Snooker Academy. I had a practice session arranged with Pete Stanyer. I arrived before Pete so i grabbed a bite to eat. Pete arrived around 650pm & we had just under 3 hours practice which isn't as long as we usually play for. Pete was in work in the early hours so we finished early. We had a chat about things as we always do then it was time to go. Pete headed off to work & i headed off home. It was a full day to say the least , very enjoyable ...

No comments: