Tuesday 2 March 2010

Inter-League : 2nd Group Game "VINTAGE"

The venue for our second group game of the 2010 campaign was Swinton Conservative Club. I like this venue & have plenty of happy memories from previous visits over the years in the Inter-League competition. Our first player lost by 40 pts. Our captain Mike Thorpe called upon me to get my cue out as he wanted me on earlier than usual to stem the tide. After several safety shots , i made the first real opening but broke down on 27. My opponent replied with a well made 57 break. After his visit , i was 47 behind with 51 remaining. I called upon all my years experience & managed to produce in two scoring visits , one of the best recoveries i've made for some time , winning on the black !
Awesome , Outstanding , Vintage , were some of the words my fellow peers & snooker friends expressed to me after my win. It really was a great atmosphere.
Dennis Mellor & Barry Urmston came along to give our team some support. Thanks to you two guys.
We eventually ran out 5-2 winners , thus topping our group on 10pts.
Final group game is on the 29th March @ Withington Bowling Club.

No comments: