Sunday 22 February 2015

Germany

Louize and I headed off to Germany for her birthday in January. This is a country I have never visited before, but after my experience there, it is definitely a country I would return to.
We stayed in the capital Berlin for three nights at The Park Inn hotel right in the centre which I would recommend to anyone planning to go.
On the 17th, we had a day out visiting Checkpoint Charlie and the museum. It was very moving finding out about the history and the war that took place in Germany.
On the 18th, our final day there, we walked from our hotel to the main area of where the remains of the Berlin Wall still stand to this day. There were lots of tourists like us present when we discovered the wall. We had a break in a cafè across from the wall which separated East and West Berlin throughout the war.

No comments: