Monday 12 April 2010

Ton-up Club


After a 10hr day at work today , i set off to Rileys Belle Vue which is just a 5 minute drive from my work place.
I was playing Adrian Ladkin in the 4th round of the Presidents Cup at 8.45pm. He was receiving +44 off me. He is capable of knocking a break in so i knew i had to keep things tight with him receiving a big start.
The first frame was a tactical battle with not much scoring. I had a 30+ break but the frame came down to the colours. I managed to pot a good Brown & Blue then a safety exchange developed on the Pink. After several length of the table safety shots by both of us , Adrian misjudged his next shot & i cut it back into the middle bag to win the first. 1-0.
The second frame i rolled back the years. After a safety exchange , i was left a long pot knowing if it went in i was right in amongst the Black area. It duly went in & i compiled a magnificent 120 break. I was always in close control around the Black spot. The table was nice & fast which suits my "touch" game. I played a crowd pleasing exhibition shot on the final Black doubling it the full length of the table which was the only ball i missed with a total clearance on.
If not next season , then the season after im going to have another tilt on the circuit as i know i can still compete at the highest level.
My game is in very good shape. I will be contacting some of my old practice partners in the near future to sharpen up my match play as well as continuing to have practice sessions with my very good friend Pete Stanyer. He's a diamond is Pete & a very accomplished player in all Cue Sports

Inter-League tomorrow night , would be nice to knock another ton in then too ...

I've added a picture of Adrian & Me here taken about 8yrs ago.

No comments: